Thursday, August 30, 2007

Some reading for brooding over

Often times when I was sending my e-mails some disturbing thoughts like: ''where my data goes? who will read it before it reachs recipient? how data transmission mechanism is working and to what extent I may feel protected?'' were rushing past my head....
Well, may look strange, taking into consideration that I'm just student and don't exchange any valuable or secret information that requires high confidentiality. But that's just the way people are. We all care abou things that concern us and what can be more concerning then our private exchange? :)
Moreover, not even IT savvy people know that although e-mails are so convenient and easy to use, they don't offer desired security, while all data we send is transfered in non-encrypted format.
Scary isn't it that virtually everyone can have access to the data we are sending ?
Hmmm... may be not that eerie for private individuals like me,who mostly exchange personal info, music and pictures, but definitly uncanny for big companies that my bear considerable losses from indastrial espionage.
Here is links to some articles, I found interesting to read:
http://whitepapers.zdnet.com/whitepaper.aspx?&compid=4946&docid=308445
http://whitepapers.zdnet.com/abstract.aspx?docid=310274&promo=100503

No comments: