Monday, August 27, 2007

How I get to know about TeamDrive

Once upon a time (or namely in the year 2006) or to be more precise in golden autumn I was visiting one nice gothic University in Germany - European Business School in Oestrich-Winkel where during Symposium event I get to know ''PrimeSharing'' - company that won price for innovation in Europe this year. Product that won this price was TeamDrive software, which was recognized as tool N1 for secure and fast data transfer.

The idea behind TeamDrive was to help people exchange data in a safe and easy way, since in order to be able to use this software you don't have to be IT profi or learn a lot to get to know how to handle it. Files sharing with TeamDrive looked like no hustle at all, at the same time offering users desired security of transfer.
Moreover, being able to solve ''variation explosion'' problem so crucial for team working (when no one knows anymore who and when made last changes and how to come back to deleted items), software was a good solution for group assignments. TeamDrive made data and all updates to it available not only in on-line status, but even off-line, at the same time keeping full privacy of your exchange by limiting access to only entrusted space members.
Not bad, isn't it ???? :)
That's why learning about software I was excited to try it for myself and find out how efficient program was in reality.
Well, the first thing I've done returning home was installing TeamDrive on my PC and inviting some friends to my shared space.
Hmmm....
Firstly I didn't realize any advantages of software installation, since I haven't much to exchange :(...
But when University started and I had to go to London, it's when all changed and I started to realize benefits of the installed program and got even double benefit:
1) I could effortlessly send any big picture files (displaying my UK adventures :P) home to my parents using TeamDrive software
2) While working on group project in Business Strategy module, software helped us to synchronize our work and avoid any unnecessary hustle of running all the time from one PC lab to another with USB memory sticks showing latest changes each of us did to the project. So that our efficiency was considerably improved, while nerve cells considerably preserved :P

So it's actually how my acquaintance with TeamDrive and PrimeSharing started :)
If you are interested to learning more about this handy program, you can visit their website for yourself:
http://www.teamdrive.de/

P.S. Don't be scared, discription of the product is available in both german and english language !!! :)

1 comment:

Da hacka said...

I’ve installed it and shared some spaces with my fellows. Seems to be pretty ok, the but you have to have a server for the depot, and if you have Server you don’t need this prog… :P

Greetings
Da hacka